Sunday, January 6, 2013

Books

I read books.
I read books everyday.

Every single day is like flipping the page.
Setting up a table's like setting the stage
I read books because I choose to up my I.Q.
Without my intelligence, what am I to do?

I like books.  I read em every day.
I pick one up just to see what it say.
I read the pages til they're soaked when I'm walking in the rain.
Don't remember all the words as they go down the drain.

The bright full color photos In the glossy magazine
Are a few steps duller than the light from the screen
Less to be seen are the paperback trades
More likely to be lost than to ever be saved.

I like books just to save words
If you wrote those words, maybe some day they'll be heard.
One day that phrase was only just a thought
Punctuation grammar and perfection was sought
Bad spelling, poor phrasing, all of it, fought

Living my life, I'd like to write a book
But I'm too busy living it to write it all down
So I pick up a book by someone in my town
And understand that we're standing on the very same ground.


It's good to write books as well as good to live life.
Gotta wake up in the morning at a quarter to five.


An ancient lesson taught from father to son:
I fought the words and the words won.

No comments:

Post a Comment